Sep 12, 2013
Aug 26, 2013
Aug 15, 2013
The Pre-bid meetings for Contracts 1, 2-3, 4.1 and 4.2 will be held in the MATA Board Room / Hudson Hall located in Central Station, 545 South Main Street, Memphis, TN. The meeting for Contract 5 will be held in West Memphis City Hall Chamber located at 205 Redding Street, West Memphis, Arkansas.
All the Diversity workshops will be held in the MATA Board Room / Hudson Hall located in Central Station.
All Bid readings will be held in the Memphis City Council Chambers, 125 N. Main St, Memphis, TN.
Aug 12, 2013
Anthony Foxx, who last month President Obama appointed as our new United States Secretary of Transportation, visited Memphis and toured the Main-to-Main project on August 7. It is a real tribute and honor to Memphis and to this project that Secretary Foxx chose to visit Memphis so early in his tenure. Secretary Foxx took note of the project as a nationally significant model for how local governments can cooperate with state and county governments, the private sector, and the federal government to execute projects that stimulate the economy, promote alternative transportation, and enhance the livability and attractiveness of cities.
Secretary Foxx remarked that this Main-to-Main Project is an example of President Obama’s commitment to Memphis and investing in a stronger America. With the historic Harahan Bridge in the background, Secretary Foxx indicated that the nation’s eyes are on Memphis and this transformative project that will surely draw positive attention from around the world when people can cross the Mighty Mississippi by bike and foot while taking in Memphis’ ever evolving skyline. Additionally, the project allows Memphis to leverage federal dollars to make some necessary repairs, including ADA and drainage, to our Main Street corridor from Uptown, the Main Street Mall, Civic Center Plaza, and South Main.
LEGAL NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Sealed bids will be received at the Office of the City of Memphis Purchasing Agent, Room 354, City Hall 125 N. Main, Memphis, TN 38103, September 6, 2013 until 2:00 pm, for furnishing the City of Memphis with the following: FOR THE DIVISION OF: PUBLIC WORKS FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF: Main Street to Main Street Multimodal Connector Project - Contract 4.1 Federal Project No.: TIGER M2M(1) Main Street to Main Street MultimodalConnector Project - Contract 4.1 in Memphis, Shelby County
1. The Prime Contractor and all Sub Contractors must prequalify with the Department of Transportation in accordance with Section54-5-117ofthe 'Tennessee Code Annotated and Tennessee Department of TransportationRule1680-5-3 prequalificationof contractors before biddable proposals will be furnished.
2. The City of Memphis hereby notifies all bidders that a 7.6% Disadvantaged BusinessEnterprise (DBE) goal has been set for this project and must be met or exceeded. All contractors identified as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) must be on the Tennessee Uniform CertificationProgram (TNUCP) List at the time of the bid opening.
3. The City of Memphis hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively insure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation, and will not be discriminated against on the groundsofage,race, color, religion, national origin, sex or disability in considerationforan award.
4. The City of Memphis is an equalopportunityaffirmative action employer, drug-free with policies of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or military service. For additional information contact Mary Bright, (901) 576-6545, City of Memphis, Contract Compliance Office, 125 N. Main St, Memphis, TN 38103
5. 'Certification by each bidder must be made with respect to nondiscrimination in employment.
6. A Bid Bond is required.
7. All bids must include, on the outside of the bid envelope, the name of the project, the bid due date and the bid opening time. Plans,Specificationsand attendantdepositinformation available, until the time set for opening bids, from: Main 2 Main Technical Project Manager, Allen & Hoshall Inc., 1661 International Pl Drive, Suite 100, Memphis TN 38120, (901) 820-0820, email address Main2mainbids@ mail2doc.com.
Award of contracts will be made on the basis of the lowest and best bids as determined by the City of Memphis. 'Best Bid shall be defined as the responsive quotationthatmeetsthe contract documents including, if applicable, any DBE Participation Goal as set out in this specification. THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS IS RESERVED Notice of intent of award will be issued after review of all opened bids. Any protest of award must be filed in writing with the Purchasing Agent within ten calendar days of the intent of award announcement. By Order of the Mayor of the City of Memphis, Tennessee. A C WHARTON, JR., MAYOR JEROME SMITH, CITY PURCHASING AGENT
Apr 24, 2013
Nov 8, 2012
Nov 6, 2012
Oct 26, 2012
The City of Memphis is requesting qualifications for professional services involving engineering
analysis, pre-construction inspection, design, and construction inspection for the Harahan Bridge
PROJECT that is a component of the Main Street to Main Street Multimodal Connector Project (M2M).