Aug 12, 2013
LEGAL NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Sealed bids will be received at the Office of the City of Memphis Purchasing Agent, Room 354, City Hall 125 N. Main, Memphis, TN 38103, September 6, 2013 until 2:00 pm, for furnishing the City of Memphis with the following: FOR THE DIVISION OF: PUBLIC WORKS FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF: Main Street to Main Street Multimodal Connector Project - Contract 4.1 Federal Project No.: TIGER M2M(1) Main Street to Main Street MultimodalConnector Project - Contract 4.1 in Memphis, Shelby County
1. The Prime Contractor and all Sub Contractors must prequalify with the Department of Transportation in accordance with Section54-5-117ofthe 'Tennessee Code Annotated and Tennessee Department of TransportationRule1680-5-3 prequalificationof contractors before biddable proposals will be furnished.
2. The City of Memphis hereby notifies all bidders that a 7.6% Disadvantaged BusinessEnterprise (DBE) goal has been set for this project and must be met or exceeded. All contractors identified as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) must be on the Tennessee Uniform CertificationProgram (TNUCP) List at the time of the bid opening.
3. The City of Memphis hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively insure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation, and will not be discriminated against on the groundsofage,race, color, religion, national origin, sex or disability in considerationforan award.
4. The City of Memphis is an equalopportunityaffirmative action employer, drug-free with policies of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or military service. For additional information contact Mary Bright, (901) 576-6545, City of Memphis, Contract Compliance Office, 125 N. Main St, Memphis, TN 38103
5. 'Certification by each bidder must be made with respect to nondiscrimination in employment.
6. A Bid Bond is required.
7. All bids must include, on the outside of the bid envelope, the name of the project, the bid due date and the bid opening time. Plans,Specificationsand attendantdepositinformation available, until the time set for opening bids, from: Main 2 Main Technical Project Manager, Allen & Hoshall Inc., 1661 International Pl Drive, Suite 100, Memphis TN 38120, (901) 820-0820, email address Main2mainbids@ mail2doc.com.
Award of contracts will be made on the basis of the lowest and best bids as determined by the City of Memphis. 'Best Bid shall be defined as the responsive quotationthatmeetsthe contract documents including, if applicable, any DBE Participation Goal as set out in this specification. THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY AND ALL BIDS IS RESERVED Notice of intent of award will be issued after review of all opened bids. Any protest of award must be filed in writing with the Purchasing Agent within ten calendar days of the intent of award announcement. By Order of the Mayor of the City of Memphis, Tennessee. A C WHARTON, JR., MAYOR JEROME SMITH, CITY PURCHASING AGENT